Full time English speaking Nanny | Sopot, Poland
Amazing opportunity for a Nanny with English as their first language to join a family of entrepreneurs in Sopot, Poland.
3 Children age 1, 7 and 9 looking for a fun, positive, sporty Nanny who is interested in education and learning to assist in the day to day aspects of their children’s lives.
This is quite a different role, in the sense that a lot of time off is given for the Nanny to explore, see family or travel by herself as the family travel up to 3 months a year, however sometimes the Nanny will also be required to join them.
The Family schedule is quite hectic, and therefore this means that some days the Nanny may work 2 hours, and others 10 hours depending on if the parents are free and want to spend time with the children and take them out etc. They love being around their children and get involved in many aspects which in turn will allow the Nanny to have free time.
The town of Sopot, where the family live is a lovely place, with all the amenities of a large metropolis; cinemas, theatres, shopping malls, restaurants, bars etc. There are numerous places for sport; tennis courts, swimming- pools, horse riding and rollerblade-tracks. There is a large number of expats (e.g. Erasmus students in the University of Gdansk as well as employees of international companies such as Reuters) so it will be easy to make new- international friends.
The Nanny may enjoy frequent visits home, as the Gdansk airport which is 20 min away, serves several flights a day to various UK cities. The airport is well connected with other European destinations with direct flights to e.g. Barcelona, Paris, London, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Munich, Tel Aviv.
Accommodation is an ensuite large room on the ground floor and the family are huge on respecting the Nanny’s privacy so once you are off duty they will not bother you at all.
Duties to include:
- Full sole charge care
- Driving to and from school and to activities (must having driving license and be a confident driver)
- Health and safety aspects
- Cooking healthy meals and meal planning
- Teaching English to the children
- Helping with homework when possible
- Providing a fun and stimulating environment for the children to learn and grow
- Activity planning
- Involvement in sports and outdoor activities
- Able to use own initiative and help out when needed
- Research local groups for youngest child and arrange playdates
Experience and non-negotiables:
- Must be confident and have a positive attitude
- Ability to work alone and on own initiative
- Experience with similar age groups previously
- Happy to commit to a minimum of two years
- English as a first language
- Would prefer someone with Montessori knowledge
- Passionate about working with children and interested in teaching aspects
- CACHE diploma or higher
- Age between 24-34
- Happy to be flexible regarding hours and travel
- Mandarin speaker a bonus as the children are learning Mandarin as well as English
- Someone who plays the piano would also be great, but not essential
Their previous Nanny was with them for 8 years so it goes a long way in showing how wonderful this family are to work for and they are very happy to do a 2 week – fully paid trial period before any commitment.