Unique opportunity for an experienced cook | Childcare experience a Bonus| £££
A unique opportunity to work on a beautiful estate close to Andover, Hampshire with a young, active family.
We are currently sourcing for an experienced chef to run and manage the family kitchen.
To include all meals, food prep and bulk cooking for days off and ensuring the children have a varied, mixed, nutritionally focused diet.
There will be formal and informal entertaining including approximately three large barbeques/buffets per annum.
Start date: April 2018 approximately
Weekly meal plans to be drafted up and discussed with the lady of the house to also include entertainment planning.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner to be prepared daily which must consist of healthy, fresh ingredients and the use of homegrown produce as and when possible (onsite allotment) and a conscious effort made to utilize all food produce to minimize waste.
The lady of the house has a dairy intolerance and one of the children avoids chocolate so these must be noted and acknowledged at all times.
Involving the children in some aspects of cooking will also be required, and finding new ways to make food appealing and fun to them is necessary.
You should be able to cater for formal dinner parties, family gatherings, barbeques and some larger parties as required.
Ability to have suggestions, ideas and forward thinking for these events is key and all to be discussed with the lady of the house who you shall work closely with when planning.
Help will be provided for such events by the family cleaner.
All food and essentials will be provided as well as the use of a car for business use. A credit card will also be supplied for expenses, which must be logged and reconciled monthly.
It is the chef’s responsibility to do online shopping and errands related to their duties.
Skills requirement/Previous experience:
- Experience of working as a Chef on a Yacht or in a Chalet environment
- Previous domestic service
- Cooking qualification or excellent proven ability to cook
- Ability to run a kitchen to very high standards of efficiency and cleanliness
- Excellent health and safety awareness at all times
- Sample menus essential
- Strong work ethic and ability to cook small meals alongside larger dishes without being phased.
The Candidate should be:
- Comfortable working in a countryside location
- Friendly, calm and have a great use of initiative
- Creative and be constantly adapting recipes, trying new dishes and ingredients etc.
- Enjoy working with and around children including happy to build a relationship with them
- An excellent role model and take pride in their work
- Forward thinking and able to multi task
- Able to act on feedback
- Great organizational skills (labeling foods, bulk cooking and freezing, tracking dates etc.)
- Excellent at time keeping and routine management
- Quick thinking
- Well presented
- Respectful of family’s privacy yet happy to fit in as part of a team.
- Active, and ideally have an interest in horses (bonus), tennis and swimming
- Someone ideally aged between 25-40
- Confident swimmer and driver
- A one bedroom flat above the garage with all bills paid
- Salary negotiable
- Varied hours but usually 7am start with a long break during the day
- 5 days a week with any extra days to be discussed in advance
- The family also lead a very busy life so there will be times when they are away